The Information Technology (I.T.) Division consists of four full-time employees, including one Lieutenant, one Deputy, and two civilians. The duties of the Division are day-to-day maintenance of the networking functions, including email, internet, and network access to our other locations.
We currently have network connectivity to several locations, including the Detention Center in Carthage, the Sheriff's Office in Carthage, the Satellite Office at Stone's Corner, and the Joplin Courthouse, with plans to expand to other departments for information sharing.
The other responsibilities of the Division are the servers, network, PC's, wireless point to point radios, and our phone system, including maintenance and upgrades when needed.
The I.T. Division is currently involved in the following technologies:
- Axis and Panasonic IP Cameras
- Cisco Routers, Switches, Access Points, and Firewalls
- Cisco VoIP Telephone System
- CODY Records Management and Dispatch
- EMC Storage Arrays
- Genetec Video/Audio Recording
- HP Servers and Workstations
- IRIS Scan from L1
- Livescan Fingerprint Scanner
- Mobile Cellular Data Routers
- Mobilevision from L3
- Motorola Orthogon Point to Point Wireless Radios
- Polycom Video Conferencing
- Ubiquiti Wireless Radios
- Vigilant Video License Plate Reader
- VmWare Virtual Servers
- WAVE IP-based Radio